Our high quality Gerpex pipe are subject to stringent control checks in our purpose built analytical laboratory which are carried out before, during and after production from the raw material analysis through to the finished product performance checks. You can specify and install Gerpex pipe and fittings with total confidence.
When compared to copper and stainless steel the smooth interior surface of Gerpex pipe promotes the smooth flow of water thus considerably reducing pressure drops across the system and minimising running noise reducing maintenance requirements giving the building occupier a more comfortable environment.
Installation Benefits -
- Installation on site is extremely fast compared to copper and stainless steel systems due to the reduced number of joints required. The pipe can bend readily making the routing of the pipe around the building very quick and easy. Once bent the pipe retains its form so will stay in the desired position and not sag like some plastic alternatives.
- The Gerpex pipe has linear expansion characteristics similar to copper and far superior to polybutylene and polypropylene, saving time and money during installation by removing the need for additional expansion considerations.
- The product is light compared to copper or stainless steel. A 200 metre coil of 16mm pipe weighs only 26kg compared to copper which would be 56kg making Gerpex much easier to carry around on site.
- Benefits health and safety on your project, cuts down the amount of hot works on site as no soldering is required at the joints. Saving time on permits to work and insurances.
- The pipe has low scrap value compared to copper or stainless steel reducing the risk of theft from site.
- The aluminium in the Gerpex pipe is picked up with a pipe detector giving you peace of mind if drilling or fixing into a wall or floor.
- There is no need to paint any exposed Gerpex pipe saving time on decoration and maintenance.
Pipe layering - Technical Information
1. Cross-linked Polyethylene inner pipe
2. Adhesive layer bonding the inner pipe to the aluminium oxygen barrier
3. Butt-welded aluminium oxygen barrier layer
4. Adhesive layer bonding the outer pipe to the aluminium oxygen barrier
5. Cross-linked Polyethylene outer pipe
Available in 16mm, 20mm, 26mm & 32mm sizes with a range of compression fittings