2. Collection of information
2.1. Data provided by you
As a rule, disclosure of personal data is not required for the use of our online services. If personal data (name, postal address or email address) are collected within the framework of our online services, this is done, as far as possible, on a voluntary basis. If, for instance, you wish to receive the Newsletter offered on our website, we require your email address as well as information that enables us to verify that you are the owner of the email address indicated.
2.2. Automatically collected data
For reasons of data security and for the purposes of optimizing user-friendliness, we also collect non-personal data in connection with the use of our online services. For example, the Internet browser used, the operating system, the domain name of the website you last visited before accessing our website, the number of visits and the average time spent on our website, as well as the pages you accessed, are stored.
Such automatically collected data are not associated with data from other sources. However, we reserve the right to retrospectively verify such data, if any concrete indications of unlawful usage are brought to our attention.
2.3. Cookies and web beacons
Our online services use so-called browser cookies and web beacons. Cookies do not cause any harm on your computer. They are small files with configuration settings that help us to make our online services user-friendlier, more effective and more secure. Moreover, cookies serve to implement certain user functions.
Our online services typically use "session cookies", which are automatically deleted when the browser is closed. Occasionally, they also use "persistent cookies", which remain on your device until they expire or are manually deleted. The latter enable us to recognize your browser at your next visit. For details on "third party cookies", i.e. cookies of third-party providers, such as Google Inc., please refer to the privacy rules of such providers.
You can adjust your browser or the privacy settings of your mobile devices to be notified whenever a cookie is sent to your device so that you can decide whether or not to allow a cookie on a case-by-case basis. You can also disable the acceptance of cookies, in certain cases only or by default, and activate the automatic deletion of copies every time you close your browser. However, you should bear in mind that some functions of our online services may not be fully accessible if you deactivate cookies.
Moreover, we use web beacons, also called page tags, to analyze the effectiveness of our website or our newsletters. For example, our Newsletters and HTML emails may contain a web beacon that determines if the email or the links transmitted by email have been opened. Such information helps us to improve our email service and to adjust our contents to user needs. Deletion of the email also deletes the web beacon. It goes without saying that our regular text emails do not contain web beacons.
2.4. Web analysis
For the purposes of continuous functional optimization and maximum user-friendliness, some of our online services use the web analysis services and social plugins listed below. The data used for this purpose are exclusively non-personal.
Hotjar: For an improved user experience, some of our online services use Hotjar software (http://www.hotjar.com, 3 Lyons Range, 20 Bisazza Street, Sliema SLM 1640, Malta, Europe). Hotjar enables us to measure and evaluate user activities (mouse movements, clicks, scroll height). For this purpose, Hotjar places cookies on the user's device and can store user data, e.g. browser information, operating system, time spent on the website, etc. For details about data processing by Hotjar, please refer to https://www.hotjar.com/privacy.
3. Use of personal data
As a matter of principle, personal data provided by you are processed and used by us exclusively for the purposes specified. These include, in particular:
- Provision, improvement and support of our online services: This includes data analyses, the identification of usage trends, as well as calculations and statistics on user access patterns.
- Marketing: Your personal data will only be used for marketing purposes, such as surveys, raffles or other advertising campaigns, if you have agreed to such uses. In this case, your data will be stored for the duration of 36 months/ 3 years after, unless longer storage is legally permissible for other reasons. Your consent to use your personal data for marketing purposes can be withdrawn at any time. For details, see item 5.
- Mailing of the Newsletter: If you fill in the web form to register for our Newsletter, we exclusively use the data provided by you to verify that you are the owner of the email address indicated and wish to receive the Newsletter, to compile a mailing list, and to analyze the usage of our Newsletter. In this case, your data will be stored for the duration of 36 months/ 3 years after termination of subscription, unless longer storage is legally permissible for other reasons. Your data will only be used by us for further purposes, if you have agreed to such uses.
- Ordering of reports or other information materials: If you order reports or other information materials from us, the personal information provided by you is used exclusively for processing your order and will subsequently be stored for a maximum period of 36 months/ 3 years after the last consignment. For the execution of orders, we may use the services of third parties to whom we transmit your data exclusively for the purpose of executing your order. For further purposes, we only use the personal data provided by you, if you have given us your consent.
- Use of contact form: If you use the contact form for enquiries, the information provided by you in the contact form, including your contact data, is used to process the enquiry and stored for later use in case follow-up questions arise. If necessary for the purpose of processing your enquiry we can also transmit your personal data to other companies of the Wienerberger group (see item 4) or to third parties involved. Your personal data will be stored for the duration of processing the enquiry and a maximum period of 36 months /3 years after completion of processing, unless longer storage is legally permissible for other reasons.
- Job exchange: Job applications contain personal data (e.g. curriculum vitae, contact data, etc.). We can use such personal data within the Wienerberger Group (see item 4) to decide on whether to offer the applicant a position or to reply to the letter of application. Unless you explicitly object, we will keep the data on record for a maximum period of thirty six months /three years after the last contact (unless longer storage is legally permissible for other reasons) for possible consideration at a later point in time.
- Execution and administration of contracts: For the execution of incoming orders (especially orders for materials) we use the services of third parties to whom we transmit your data exclusively for the purpose of executing your order. In connection with such transactions, you may be contacted within the framework of customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes. If you ask us not to use your data for further contacts, we will certainly respect your wish.
- Protection of rights and property: If we have reason to believe that the rights and the property of Pipelife Ire, its suppliers and customers or third parties have been or could be impaired, we can use and transmit your personal data in order to protect such rights and/or such property. Moreover, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data, provided such disclosure is required by law or by order of competent authorities, to safeguard due process in accordance with the procedure indicated on our website(s), and to protect the aforementioned rights.
- Cleansing and consolidation of data: From time to time, the personal data provided by you can be cross-checked against or consolidated with (i) data from our existing registers (online and offline), (ii) data taken over from a legal predecessor, or (iii) data from other sources.
4. Transmission and disclosure of your personal information
Depending on the type of interaction you requested (e.g. call to be returned, placement of an order, request for services, information, etc.), your data may be exchanged with third parties involved in order execution (e.g. mail order companies, banks, etc.) or other companies of the Wienerberger Group. We may also be required to disclose personal data in order to meet legal requirements or to enforce rights and agreements.
- Transmission of data to third parties: For the execution of certain orders and for the provision of certain services we work with external providers (e.g. forwarding agents). Such providers are allowed to use or transmit the data collected and processed by us for no other purpose but execution of the order placed by Pipelife Ire.
- Compliance with laws and similar obligations: We will transmit your personal data in order to (i) enforce or comply with a law, a regulation, an order issued by a public authority or compulsory measures, (ii) detect and prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activities, (iii) protect and/or enforce the rights and the property of Pipelife Ire or of third parties, and (iv) protect the rights and the personal security of our employees and of third persons.
5. Right to information, right of withdrawal and deletion of your personal data
You have the right to request information in writing about your personal data stored by us. Moreover, in connection with the use of your personal data, you have the right to correction, deletion, suppression or restriction of processing as well as the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority. Please address such requests as well as any other questions to the contact point indicated under item 7.
If you have subscribed to our Newsletter, you can cancel your subscription by clicking on the "Opt Out" or cancellation link in the Newsletter or by using the unsubscribe form on our Website. If you wish to withdraw your consent to the storage or use of your data, you can, of course, also send us an email to the address indicated under item 7.
6. Data security
Pipelife Ire employs a large variety of data security measures to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information. However, given the nature of the Internet, we wish to draw your attention to the fact that there may be security gaps in data transmission via the Internet (e.g. communication by email) and that complete protection of data from access by third parties is not possible.
Pipelife Ireland Ltd
White's Cross, Cork, T23 T992
+353 21 4884700